While you’ll want to thoroughly inspect any car before buying it, it’s especially important to do so with a used car. A good inspection informs you of any problems the car might have, some of which you might be fine with and others that could make you want to think twice about buying the car. Learn how to conduct a proper inspection on used cars.
Take a slow walk around the exterior of the car and inspect it for signs of exterior damage, possible cover-ups and misaligned panels. You’ll also want to open up the doors, hood and trunk to make sure everything’s in working order. While you’re at it, be sure to inspect the glass and bounce each corner of the car to check that the suspension is in good shape.
As you slip inside the car, be sure to check for suspicious odors. Anything that smells like mold might mean the car has sustained water damage in the past. All seats should be comfortable and intact, and you should be able to adjust them as well. When you get behind the wheel, check that the pedals work and are in good condition. Make sure all the instruments and the sound system are in good working order, also.
Under the Hood
If you aren’t mechanically savvy, it’s best that you have the car inspected by a professional mechanic. Dealerships usually have no problem letting you take the car off the lot to have it inspected. Note that while you’ll have to pay for an inspection, it can be worth it for the peace of mind it provides.
Inspecting a used car is a great way to learn more about its history and whether it’s the right car for you. Take your time with the inspection, and always go with your gut instincts.
Swan Lake Motors would like to let all of our customers know we are open to the public at our regular schedule hours during the COVID-19 Pandemic. We are taking many precautions to keep both our customers and staff safe in these times. We are asking all of our customers to please make an appointment before coming down to the store. If you haven’t made an appointment please consider the following before coming down to the store.
1. Have you traveled outside of the country in the last 14 days?
2. Have you been on a plane in the last 14 days?
3. Have you been in direct contact with anyone who has been sick or have you been sick in any way in the last 14 days?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions we are asking you to please not come in and please call or email our store and someone from our staff will be happy to help with everything over the phone or by email.
We are maintaining a clean workplace, including all of our vehicles. All of our vehicles are being wiped down including steering wheel, door handles seats and center console before and after every test drive.
Our staff is also following new policy changes, they include:
1. No handshaking policy
2. Keeping a safe distance from our customers
3. Anyone that has been sick or feeling sick has a mandatory 14 day stay home policy.
4. All offices are being cleaned regularly.
We are also offering test drives right from home. Here is how this will work.
1. Go onto our website https://www.swanlakemotors.com/used-cars-vernon and choose the vehicle you are interested in.
2. Contact someone from our sales team and they will go over all the information on the vehicle including History, Carfax and work order.
3. The salesperson will offer a virtual tour of the exterior and interior of the car for you to view.
4. Schedule an appointment for us to bring you the vehicle for you to take for a drive, with no obligation to purchase. Once you are done call us and we will pick up the vehicle from your house.